Annapurna 8091m is the thirteen highest mountain in the world. Annapurna is a Sanskrit name which literally means “full of food” but is normally translated as Goddess of the Harvests. This mountain section is a 55 km-long massif bounded by the Kali Gandaki Gorge on the west, the Marshyangdi River on the north and east, and Pokhara Valley on the south. The four summits with the entire massif of Annapurna form the northern barrier of Pokhara Valley. The main summit stands to the west of the Annapurna Sanctuary. The other major peaks on the Annapurna range are Annapurna II (7937 m), Annapurna III (7555 m), Annapurna IV (7525 m), Gangapurna (7455 m) and Annapurna South (7219 m).
The Annapurna peaks are among the world’s most dangerous mountains to climb. Annapurna 8091meter high was first climbed by a French expedition 1950 lead by Maurice Harzog. The entire massif and surrounding area are protected within the 7,629 km2 Annapurna Conservation Area, the first and largest conservation area in Nepal.
Expedition Cost Includes
- All airport/hotel/airport transfers
- 5 nights hotel (3/4 star) in Kathmandu, bb plan
- 1 nights hotel (3/4 star) in Pokhara, bb plan
- Annapurna expedition permit, Annapurna Conservation fee and necessary permit fee.
- Scheduled flight : Pokhara to Kathmandu domestic air tax
- 50 kg weight per climber is allowed for expedition
- Necessary porters and mules for carrying equipment & loads
- Twin sharing accommodation in lodge/teahouse while trekking
- 3 times meals per day, teas & coffees in trekking & base camp days
- Common climbing equipments like necessary rope, ice bars, ice screws etc
- 1 tent per climber of North face or similar for Base Camp
- Dining, Kitchen, Store tent, mattress and all camping facilities needed in BC
- Experienced and professional staff at BC : Base camp manager, cook, kitchen boy
- Government liaisons officer
- Equipment allowance, wages, life, medical & life, medical & rescue insurance for all Nepali members.
- Emergency oxygen, mask & regulator at ABC (0use and pay)
- Immediate Rescue co-ordination (covered by your travel insurance)
- Generator or solar panel for charging & lighting in Base camp
- Satellite phone on pay call basis (1min = $ 5)
- Walkie – talkie set
Expedition Cost Excludes
- International flight ticket, taxes and visas
- Hotel, Lunch & dinner if not mentioned
- Personal trekking & climbing equipment
- Excess baggage transport
- All expenses of personal nature like bar bills, laundry, telephone etc.
- Insurance for travel, accident, medical, emergency evacuation & lost baggage.
- Applicable permit fee & custom fee for SAT phone, filming camera, communications equipment (if brought)
- Climbing Bonus & summit bonus for climbing Sherpa (if your used sherpa), Tips for Base Camp Staff
- All not mentioned in cost include part