Ranging in the mount Dhaulagiri among the 7th series of the highest mountains Mt. Churen is one of them situated. The three pinnacles are called Churen west of 7371m, central of 7375m, and north in central which is recommended to be the major one. The route doest\not differ at to get here as there are usual buses from Katmandu to Pokhara, Baglung and Beni. Taking porters from Beni we reach the same camp in 5 days via Gurung and other mixed tribal villages on the way. When reaching Burjung Kharka after a steep walk following the way of Darsing Kharka to establish the tents for spending the night over. We reach the base camp after following 4 hours walk of the river side of Kape Khola.
Basing the base camp at 4800m high, climbing to the Churen himal high camps are easy to visible Mt. Dhaulagiri situated in the east whereas the Purna Himal is in the west. The south west ridge is the best route to climb the mountain with favorable season during September to October and later in spring March to May.
Expedition Cost Includes
- 5 nights 3 star standard hotels in Kathmandu with bed & breakfast
- Mt. Churen Himal Expedition Permit Fee
- Complete camping equipment for trekking & base camp
- Liaison officer and Interpreter
- Food during trekking and Base Camp for Member & Staff
- 1 High Altitude Sherpa every 4 members
- 1 Tent per member for Base Camp
- 2 base camp staff (1 Kitchen Boy & 1 cook)
- Above mention staffs daily wages, equipment allowance & Insurance
- Generator or Solar panel at Base Camp for light and charging
- Sattellite Phone available at Base Camp, but reasonable charge for use
- Porters to / from the Base camp to carry food and fuel, members climbing gears, and all Base camp equipment
- Porters return from Base Camp carry per member including food & equipment
- All ground transportation as per itinerary
Expedition Cost Excludes
- Air travel to and from Kathmandu.
- Lunch and dinner in Kathmandu
- Laundry, postage, telephone calls and all other items of personal nature.
- Entry visa and Re-entry for Nepal.
- International departure tax.
- Personal Expenses.
- Medical and rescue insurance.
- Personal Climbing equipment
- Bar Bills and beverage
- Medicine and first aid expenses
- Extra porter US$ 70 each for 30Kg (up to BC & return)
- Emergency rescue evacuation if required
- Climbing Bonus and summit bonus for climbing sherpa (if you use climbing sherpa)