Gurla Mandata is the 34th highest mountain in the world lying in the Burang county of Tibet.
it is the closet neighboring mountain near to sacred mountain Kailash. The another name for Gurla Mandata is “Namo Nani” meaning “Fairy’s peak” in Tibetan language. The first ascent of the peak was by a joint Japanese/Chinese team led by Katsutoshi Hirabayashi, via the north side of the peak in 1985. After this only 5 ascents have been made till to date this mountain.
The way to the ascent goes via Zalonpa glacier from the Northern slope. From the top of the Gurla Mandata, you can see the beautiful sparkling lakes Mansarovar and Rakchays (Demond lake); and then the mount Kailash peak can be seen along with this on its background. The ascent can be started from the Zalunpa glacier.
Expedition Cost Includes
- Transfer airport-hotel-airport.
- Peak permit fee for Mt. Gurla Mandata. Tibet visa fee.
- 5 nights hotel (3 star) in Kathmandu on bb plan
- Hotels/guest houses enroute in fullboard and room sharing basis.
- Transportation of members, staffs ,food supply and equipments from Kathmandu- Base Camp - Kathmandu
- 80 kilograms per member from base camp to advance base camp and 40 kilograms per member from advance base camp to base camp
- Nepalese Sherpa cook and kitchen boy.
- Equipment allowances, daily wages, insurance, food and tents for cook, kitchen boy, Liaison Officer & Interpreter.
- Dining tent at base camp & advance base camp, Kitchen tent, toilet tent, shower tent, chairs & tables.
- Single tent with padded floor and mattress for each member at base camp and advance base camp (north face or similar quality).
- Food and fuel at base camp and advance base camp during the expedition.
- High way and conservation charges. Garbage deposits.
- Emergency oxygen and mask at the advance base camp.(usage of the oxygen is subject to charges at US$ 450)
- Generator/solar panel for lighting and charging
Expedition Cost Excludes
- International flights
- Nepal entry visa fee. (can be obtained at the airport upon arrival)
- Reentry visa for Nepal. The re-entry visa can be obtained at the immigration office in Kodari.
- Meals, Hotel after 5 nights stay in Kathmandu.
- Personal climbing gear above advance base camp
- Personal insurance such as travel, accident, medical, emergency evacuation and lost luggage
- Applicable permit fees and customs charges, etc. for SAT phone, communication equipment and commercial filming
- International airport departure tax at Kathmandu Airport.
- Expenses of personal nature such as drinks, laundry, postage, telephone and Email, etc.
- Applicable customs duty and import license fees for all expedition goods arriving in Nepal as air/road cargo
- Tips and bonuses