In the area of mount Dhaulagiri, mountain Sita Chuchura is located; it’s not far from the French pass. It was successfully climbed only four times, the first ascent was done in 1970, the last in 1995.
Mountaineering and trekking both are appropriate in Nepal, who were the first trekkers in Nepal, of course those may be the mountaineers either on their way to climb peaks or were exploring the routes up unclimbed peaks, the emphasis had shifted to previously impossible feats of Everest, both were climbed by expeditions led by Chris Boning ton, till then there was furious mountaineering activity in Nepal from1950 to the 1960s. The expeditions in the 1960’s and 40’s were often equipped and sometimes Lavis however the climbers and the companies thank to sponsorship from government, foundations, magazines, newspapers, filmmakers, TV producers & even private companies to uplift the country’s economy with propagating the tourism industry in Nepal.
The appropriate degree of seriousness and dedication, the climbers and expeditions have become big businesses, approaching now it’s not uncommon for expeditions to refuse the trekkers or others except staff members to admit into the base camps, they (team members) do not have energy to waste and leisure time to entertain like tourists taking souvenirs from among the expensive items that often lie around such camps, there have been such incidents of such vulgarism.
Expedition Cost Includes
- 5 nights 3 star standard hotels in Kathmandu with bed & breakfast
- Mt. Sita Chuchura Expedition Permit Fee and Annapurna Conservation fee
- Complete camping equipment for trekking & base camp
- Liaison officer and Interpreter
- Food during trekking and Base Camp for Member & Staff
- 1 High Altitude Sherpa every 4 members
- Satellite phone in payable basis (per minute $ 5)
- 2 base camp staff (1 Kitchen Boy & 1 cook) and Dining tent, Table, Chairs, Toilet tent, Mess tent and Kitchen tent
- Above mention staffs daily wages, equipment allowance & Insurance
- Porters to / from the Base camp to carry food and fuel, members climbing gears, and all Base camp equipment
- Porters return from Base Camp carry per member including food & equipment
- Transportation: Drive from Kathmandu to Beni to Kathmandu for members, Sherpa staffs and equipment
Expedition Cost Excludes
- Air travel to and from Kathmandu.
- Lunch and dinner in Kathmandu
- Laundry, postage, telephone calls and all other items of personal nature.
- Entry visa and Re-entry for Nepal.
- International departure tax.
- Personal Expenses.
- Medical and rescue insurance.
- Personal Climbing equipment
- Bar Bills and beverage
- Medicine and first aid expenses
- Extra porter US$ 70 each for 30Kg (up to BC & return)
- Emergency rescue evacuation if required
- Garbage Deposit USD $ 2,000.00 (Sharing of the total person) and Deposit fee will be not refunded if the clients (climber) don't take back their garbage
- Climbing Bonus and summit bonus for climbing sherpa (if you use climbing sherpa)